Weekend Fashion Picks - 2/10/18
Happy Monday beautiful people! I hope you had a wonderful, energizing weekend that set you up to tackle the week ahead!
Today I wanted to do something a little bit different around these parts...a post on my favorite outfit from the past weekend. I don't know about you, but for me, it's so easy to just throw on a pair of leggings and sweatshirt (usually Glossier) on the weekend and call it a day. And I'll be honest -- a lot of the times that's exactly what happens. Today though, I wanted to show you my casual weekend style and share my fav outfit from this past weekend!
In the past year or so, I've relied heavily on a capsule wardrobe to get me through each season. This means that I have far less clothing than I have in the past, but each piece is high quality, something I truly love and sparks joy, and is versatile enough to mix and match with other items in my closet. I'm definitely going to share a series on my capsule wardrobe in the future because I think it is such a great strategy for more mindful purchases. This weekend, I paired some of my capsule favorites that I go back to again and again, but are also versatile enough to pair in different ways!
When it's 45 degrees in Boston in February, you keep your coat open :). I've linked up the details on my outfit below. Keep in mind that because I only buy a handful of new pieces each season, I tend to invest a little bit more for quality items that will last longer!
- Coat: This coat is from Jcrew from a couple of seasons ago. I love the dark maroon color - it's something a little bit different from the black peacoat I typically wear to work. Here is a link to something similar.
- Shirt: I wear this shirt from Madewell sooo frequently, I've actually been considering buying a different color. Here's a link to something similar. Size down -- this shirt has an oversized fit, which is why I chose to tuck it into my high waisted jeans.
- Jeans: I'm not going to lie, these are definitely mom jeans. But I don't care, and I love them. I ordered my true size and they have worn in perfectly -- I love the destroyed wash. I managed to snag them on a great sale - here is the brand and style.
- Boots: I picked these boots with a gift card during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale because I loved the color. Here is the link - I would HIGHLY recommend these. I've worn them through rain, sleet, and snow this past winter and they still look awesome.
- Hat: I wear this beanie all the time (especially on third-day hair, ya feel me?). It keeps me super warm during winters, and manages to look somewhat stylish.
And there you have it friends! I typically keep my day to day jewelry pretty minimal, and if it gets even more chilly out, will usually just throw on a scarf.
What pieces do you love to wear on the weekends? What are your favorite clothing stores for more casual picks?