Thoughts on one of my FAV brands - Glossier!
Hello lovely friends! I'm currently sitting on the couch, enjoying some (mushroom) coffee and enjoying this very cold, but also very sunny Saturday morning. It's the little things!
It's no secret that I'm overwhelmingly impressed with Glossier as a brand, and Emily Weiss is one of my ultimate girl crushes. So, today, I wanted to share some of my absolute favorite Glossier products. I'll also fill you in on other Glossier products I've tried over the past couple of years, and why they haven't made it into my weekly/daily rotation. Let's get into it!
Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser: I'm gong to sound like a broken record here, but this is Glossier's standout product to me. I use it every night to remove my makeup. I'm currently on the hunt for an equivalent (natural) evening cleanser, but the Milky Jelly Cleanser is truly awesome and I can't recommend it enough if you want a cleanser that is light in texture, heavy duty in removing make-up, while still keeping your skin barrier in tact. Once I run out of the Glossier, (I have a couple backups currently that I need to get through), I think I'm going to try this guy and see how it compares. Stay tuned!
Glossier You Fragrance: I've struggled to find a fragrance that feels like "me" in the past. Something comfortable, soft, effortless, and NOT overpoweringly floral/musky/fruity/ect. I just want to smell like ME -- and I guess you could say I'm a little picky. Glossier You hits all of those marks for me - it's described as creamy, sparkling, clean, and warm. The only downside in my opinion is the lasting power - it doesn't last long on me, personally. I'd love to see them come out with a fragrance oil in the future that is slightly heavier, because I love this stuff so much that I want to smell it all day long.
Glossier Generation G Lipstick in Jam: I'm definitely NOT a lipstick girl. Give me chapstick any day -- the effort of applying/maintaining my lipstick throughout the day makes me cringe. But sometimes when I'm going out, or wearing very little other makeup, I do appreciate a light wash of color. That's why I personally LOVE the generation G formula -- I don't like super intense/pigmented formulas. These ones are SO easy to apply, look like you've already blotted, and are almost a stain in texture/look. I can reapply without a mirror as well, which is huge. Jam is my favorite berry lip shade that I've ever found - a beautiful fall/winter color. Click through some pics below (P.S. I am such a nerd that I decided to wear my Glossier sweatshirt for this post :) the love is real!)
Glossier Generation G Lipstick in Zip: Same formula/idea as Jam, but a beautiful orangey-red. I love this color very lightly applied when I'm wearing very little other makeup (think just a quick swipe of mascara and glowy skin). Great choice for both the summer months and also around the holidays. And any other day you feel like it, because why the heck not! I've included some pics of me wearing this shade below that you can click through for reference.
Glossier Boy Brow in Blonde: I've mentioned this brow product multiple times, so I'll keep it simple: no crunchy brows. Small, precise brush. Great color for blondes. Natural hold. Obsessed!
Glossier Stretch Concealer: I've also mentioned this bad boy previously, so I'll keep this short and sweet as well. This product has extremely light and reflective coverage (if you like heavy duty concealers, you WILL NOT like this) that is perfect for under my eyes. Easy to apply and toss in my bag if needed. I use the shade "Light" and also "Medium" - they both are pretty darn light in shade and both work in a pinch.
Other things I've tried from Glossier that haven't made it into my regular rotation:
- Perfecting Skin Tint (in Light): I ordered the intro to Glossier brand kit, and this product was included. I appreciate the concept, but unfortunately I think that this broke me out. It's practically NO coverage, which I personally like, but couldn't ignore that my skin wasn't a fan. Bummer!
- Cloud Paint (in Beam): Loved the formula, but not the shade and design. This color was too orange-y for me, and I have other cream blushes I prefer to this.
- Lip Gloss: I actually do enjoy a good glossy lip, but this was a no-go for me. WAY too plastic-shiny looking and sticky.
- Priming Moisturizer: This I also got in my intro to Glossier kit, and similar to the skin tint, I think that it broke me out. It was meh - no crazy amazing results from it. I enjoy my natural moisturizers much more.
- Soothing Face Mist: Same as above - just "meh" - I'm also personally not a face misting kind of gal. If it's your thing - it's a very basic rosewater spray. Could be nice for you if you enjoy a facial spritz, just not for me.
- Mega Greens Galaxy Pack mask: I actually enjoyed this one performance-wise. It's a clay mask, but very gentle compared to some others I've tried (Queen Helene Mint Julep, anyone?). Unfortunately, I can't recommend it for the price because I only got through half of the tub in about a year when it was time to toss it. If you are using it multiple times a week, you may get through it though.
So there you have it - I absolutely LOVE Glossier as a brand and am so excited to see what's next. I'm crossing my fingers for a candle!
Have you tried any Glossier products? I would love to hear your thoughts on the products that you've tried!