Life Updates and Favorites
Welllll my friends, I truly have to apologize because last week I missed posting a blog for the first time in a while (other than holiday’s) because life just simply got the best of me. Which actually brings me perfectly into this post – I wanted to catch you guys up on how 2019 is going so far as well as some goals I have for the new year. I also want to share some of the things that I’ve been loving this year so far. I’m throwing in some pictures of what I’ve been up to the past couple of weeks throughout the post as well!
Life Update: We bought a condo (a floor in a multi-family home) in Cambridge!
Honestly, I really didn’t expect to be writing this in a post any time soon. Dan and I had been casually (VERY casually) looking at real estate before the holiday’s, but we both love our current apartment so much that we both decided that unless a place was absolutely amazing, we were totally content renting while we’re still in Boston. We happened to be at the right place at the right time, because we found a place that we are absolutely in love with. We had the inspection late last week, and fingers crossed, everything should be in line to close relatively soon. We are truly so grateful/blessed to feel like we have a place to call truly OURS (and hopefully will be a great investment for the future J). Definitely expect some home decorating posts coming up on our end…as well as before and after’s. We are SO excited.
Life Update: I figured out how I want to feel in 2019.
I don’t know if you guys caught my post last year about resolutions versus determining the ways that I wanted to feel. I’ll link it HERE, but I felt like it was a great way to have the resolution time of the year be more low key, but also focused on ways that I want to feel in the future. I did the same thing for 2019, and I wanted to share with you guys
2019 Ways I want to Feel:
- Connected – I still am leaving this on my list, because I think that 2018 revolutionized the way I feel connected and am building a community in Boston. The podcast has been instrumental in feeling more connected to a community, but I definitely want to do more. I think it’s really hard to make friends and put yourself out there as an adult, so I hope that this year I can enjoy meeting new people, while still maintaining some balance.
- Spiritual – I started off strong on this goal in 2018, but it faded by the end of the year. I want to work on incorporating a meaningful meditation practice into my life, as well as go to yoga Sunday’s more! I think that’s such a peaceful way to close/begin the next week (however you look at it!) and I want more of that in my life when we aren’t traveling.
- Grateful – This one is HUGE for me in 2019. I think that I definitely fall prey to complaining when I feel busy, instead of realizing that the vast majority of things that keep me busy are MASSIVE blessings that I don’t want to take for granted. I downloaded an amazing app called Grateful on my phone, and that’s been a great way to push reminders to me at the end of each day for a brief reflection on what made me happy and what went well. Some days it’s as simple as saying “Dan is an amazing husband” or “I loved my lunch” but some days it goes deeper. I’m excited to keep this going in 2019.
- Clarity – I want to refocus on feeling well and focusing on eating in way that makes me feel good and CLEAR for the work. To me, this means getting in a quick workout in the morning before work, not drinking during the work week (unless it’s something super fun), and cooking Dan and I nourishing meals. I really am excited to feel more CLEAR in 2019.
I’d love to hear your goals / resolutions / whatever you call them for 2019 J. This time of year is always one for massive growth.
I also wanted to share some of my favorite things from the past month in this post! This really runs the gamut so bear with me…
- Budgeting: Am I adulting, or what? In all seriousness, having a budget in 2019 is really important and also has been (ironically) actually making me feel LESS guilty about spending money because everything has been budgeted into the plan. I personally use Mint and love it to track my expenses because it’s an easy way to see where I net out within each category.
- Paleo Running Mama Recipes: Honestly, these recipes are just SO good. I felt like I was in a rut with healthy recipes and she just reinvigorated my passion for trying new things. Check her out HERE.
- Wildcard Friday’s: I’ve loved this new habit that Dan and I are doing which is trying a new restaurant in the Boston area after work on Friday. It’s a great way to try new places and things and also take some time after the week to catch up. Does anyone else feel like it’s sometimes too crazy during the week to really chat about work / etc.? I love these nights.
- Tea: I’ve still been drinking coffee, but I’ve been LOVING have a cup of mint tea in the morning before work. It calms my digestion and tides me over until I eat breakfast at work. I also love a Trader Joe’s ginger turmeric blend.
What have you guys been loving this month?
This post was all over the place, but I really needed to update you guys on everything. I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!